Wednesday 12 August 2009

Dog Rose Dog

Mum asked me to make another card for another one of her friends who will be 80 in September~yes, I can't believe I've actually made a card weeks before it was needed instead of hours! I usually just forget, so there's hope for me yet! I wanted to enter it into two challenges, but for the life of me, I can't remember where or who. (oh well, that didn't last long) The card had to have roses for one challenge and buttons for the other. I'll just go on a blog hop be back in a minute...
Found one! but I think I'm too late. It was over on Penny's Challenges (I have her blog Candy on my side bar!) It's the first challenge and was 'Buttons' The second challenge has already started. And the other challenge is over on One Stop Craft Challenge and has to be Roses! Right, where was I?? Oh yes, I knew just how I wanted the card and what paper to use. K & Company 'Life's Journey Old Rose'. I've had it for ages~just wasn't brave enough to cut into it, as unlike downloads, once it's gone, it's gone! I finished the card but couldn't decide what to put on the front. No way I thought, could I put a Penny Black Stickeroo or a Tilda on here, so in the end, very reluctantly I added a 3D decoupage by Christine Haworth I love her detail and have a few of her collectables. But it just didn't look right and I didn't really want to give away this lovely decoupage, well, to a stranger. (I feel sooo mean) I took the finished card round to mum saying 'I'm not sure you'll like it as I've none something a little different from the Forever Friends, I've done for your last three or four cards.' As soon as mum saw it she said,'Oh, she doesn't want children, she has a dog, she likes dogs...' so, (secretly pleased) I nipped home, carefully peeled off the decoupage children with their umbrellas and little baby duck, (luckily only stuck down with photo glue) then searched my stash for a dog...the cat helped. (Actually she didn't, she just tried to get into the boxes as I took them out) I remembered I'd had a few stamped images in a swap, and one of them was a little Penny Black dog, with a rose... He was a bit small so I papered up an extra square to sit him on, and coloured him in using my ProMarkers. So after thinking I couldn't go with a cartoony type image, the card ended up with one anyway! I still think some kind of decoupaged rose would've been better. Which one do you like best? Before I go (nealy forgot!!!) I'd love to welcome a new follower!! A big hello and a ((((wave))) to Penny over on 'A Work of Heart' (Good name! ) She has some lovely Works of Art over on her blog and a shop too and Penny's Challenges!! So loads going on, pop over and have a lookie see! The second Challenge is 'Photo Hangers...'
Don't forget this weeks blog candy, I'm adding names to the 'big bag' daily and will let you know the second winner on Sunday, as we're dog sitting this weekend..(don't worry, we don't actually sit on the dogs) woof!

20 comments:

  1. oh woooooow theses cards are amazing xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The decoupage children are lovely, but the Dog goes so well on that rose background. I think it all worked out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little late but please feel free to participate in any of the challenges!!! We're glad to have you!

    Great cards, they are both beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think both of your cards are lovely ! It's a good thing she doesn't want children at 80, good lord,............could you imagine !?! Had a good "chuckle" as always reading your blog! Take Care ;o) - Tracy -

    ReplyDelete
  5. A truly fabulous card Lyn -and I enjoyed reading your "little" story, as always! Love the papers - I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to cut into them - almost makes me cry sometimes! Have to say, my fave. was the card with the children decoupage - they are so gorgeous - but if the lady prefers dogs, then dogs it has to be!!
    Lotsa hugs, Sylvia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the girls with their brollies, I would love this card even though its using you're best stuff, the dog is cute too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Know what you mean about loving things too much to give away...I have papers I sometimes stroke....how sad is that!!
    Love the card with the children...and gorgeous papers.
    Thanks very much for the award...couldn't get the comments box on that posting to open!!! Love Mr Blogger!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is s beauty hun just love all the detail you have put into it love cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Lyn your cards are absolutely stunning, the papers youve used are so beautiful. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous work Lyn, and, ye of little faith, of COURSE frog was helping, there must have been evil invisible gremlins hiding in your stash, and she was protecting the world by making sure they didn't get out :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Lyn, these are gorgeous babe! Just my kinda papers love em!

    Hugs
    Lisa.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. they are both super,
    but I would rather give the dog one away, as I love those children to,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful cards Lyn,i love the image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Lyn but I think i prefered it with the children on it though.
    sam x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both your cards but my favourite is the first one
    Those papers are delish

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards Lynn!! Love your colors, images, coloring and design!! They are sure to love them!! I especially love the layout and the images on the first one. Incredible job GF!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both cards are lovely Lynn, I love the backing paper and your roses are gorgeous! Both images look lovely but I prefer the children one.

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards and fabulous papers. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge.Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunningly beautiful images are adoreable.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow this is stunning I love the colours and well just everything about it!
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies