Sunday 20 September 2009

Quirky Challence 12: Vintage

This week The Quirky Challenge 12 is Vintage, which means you can make any craft project you fancy in the theme of ages past. Atc's, Fat pages, Scrap book layouts, Altered art, any thing that comes to mind, although it doesn't mean dressing your Granny in her Sunday best and posting her on the forum...but on second thoughts, that might work too!
This is my very very first Vintage card. My very first vintage anything! I was a bit boggled about what to do! I asked Hubby and Mum, 'What does 'vintage' make you think of?' Mum's answer was, 'old cars' and John's was.. 'wine'. No help there then! So I went surfing, No! Not on a board, on the web and found The Graphics Fairy (link also on my side bar) Loads of Freebies if you're into Vintage Clip art, and that's where Santa came from. I reduced him a little bit and printed him onto glossy photo paper, cut him out and edged him with a thin gold line peel-off that had a bit of a crinkly edge to it. The envelope is actually a decoupage set that I reduced in size, mainly because I wanted 'Merry Christmas' in that old fashioned writing. I've since added a bit of gold Stickles glitter to the holly. You can down load that from HERE (the full sized decoupage, envelope that is, not the Stickles Glitter, sorry!) then click on the link for Christmas (Link also on my side bar~there's loads of links to freebies on my side bar if you haven't noticed them yet, go and have a look! But not yet...read this first!)
I'm afraid I can't remember where the papers came from as they too were a freebie but via post, a magazine deal I think. Papers with vellum paper to match. They're really nice but there's only one of each colour so I hadn't used them until now. The vellum has the same pattern as the paper but with added gold. The gold snow flakes were cut from Tesco's finest Christmas wrapping paper! I bought it boxed some years ago (so it was really posh! and also very cheap in the sales!) Knew it would come in handy one day! So now it's your turn! Pop along to the Quirky Forum and see what everyone else has come up with, then have a go! You have til next Sunday evening to enter your idea! Don't forget there's a prize for the winner!
Here's some more DT takes on the Vintage theme, just to give you some ideas!

A Vintage keepsake box by Julia
A fabulous Embossed card by Anne
A lovely stamped image by Cazzy
A lovely Vintage card by Gez
And a lovely Vintage Christmas Card from Fe-Fe
Last weeks Challenge winner was Caro with a fantastic take on 'Board games 'A Cluedo ATC.'..pop over and see!

Just time to say "Hi!" and welcome ((wave)) to new follower ScrappingHappy who must love making Albums. Pop over and see some really fabby makes. Love your 'Diva' heading title!!

Next post coming up!!! Blog Candy Winner...so sorry it's late!!! Family down today and lots to do!! Still no sign of this 'baby' though!! back in two tic's...on second thoughts, make that minutes..

11 comments:

  1. oh love this vintage santa hun adore it love cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cheryl, I think he's fabulous too, so glad I found him!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Classic Christmas Card Lyn.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and you should add it to my weekly Christmas card challenge, please. You'll love Paper Wishes Message Board, really nice people over there. X Fab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Lynn it's brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. T think this is STUNNING Lynn love it I used to go on quirky crafts just not got enough time!

    Ive a vintage on my blog too

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go send it in Liz! it's lovely!!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely Fabulous vintage Santa card Lyn - gorgeous image, and I love the other vintage projects too. Thanks as always for the useful freebie links etc. Will take a peek at those.
    How is your daughter? Will you be jetting off very soon? Hope you're having a great week - sorry I haven't been in touch very much - family things seem to have taken over since I got back from holiday.
    Hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh what a gorgeous card Lyn, I do love your image and layout and those peel offs and snowflakes are gorgeous accents.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies