Saturday 12 September 2009

Reach for the (Dog) Stars

You can tell I'm getting withdrawal symptoms can't you! I'm hunting out last years Christmas Cards! We (that's the royal we) have come to the conclusion that the camera is well and truly...passed it's sell by date. So I rang mum and borrowed her camera this afternoon.
"Can I borrow your digital camera for five minutes Mum?"
"I haven't got a digi camera" said she.
"Um, yes you have mum, you upload your photos to your computer, don't you?"
"Do I? Oh, I've never done that. I've got a plug in thingy-what's-it that I slot the camera into and it prints out all my photos. So, is that digi then?"
"Yes mum. But don't you ever download your pictures to your computer?"
"No, never done that. Can I do that? Why would I want to to that? I just print them on my thingy-what's-it... it's quite good but it doesn't work when there's no paper..."
Now you know why I have a few loose screws ...it's in the genes!
This card was cut at an angle so I could place a glitter snowflake star on the inside. I was trying to give the illusion that the dogs were reaching for it, so of course this card went off to one of my doggy sitting people. Did you know that The Dog Star, Sirius is the brightest star in the night sky and the Egyptians based their calender on the rising of it. (That was me trying to be clever, but I actually Googled it)
Pink Petticoat Papers, Penny Black image (swap) and coloured back in the time when I only had Whisper pens!
Time to say 'Hi' and a big (((wave)) to new Follower Shazza, pop over to Shazza's Craft Connection for some lovely scrapbook layouts... One more follower to add! (I've got about ten windows open...(that's computer windows not window in the house...well, just one or...(get on with it and stop waffling..) Hi (((wave)) to Ildiko who's just followed and...can't find a link yet...but I've got one of her ATC's sitting right next to my computer! (I think!...sorry...keep stopping to watch The Last Night of The Proms!!) Found a link for Ildiko! See! if you comment it makes it easy!! Pop over and see Ildz the Crafty Witch loads going on over there, even a neat way to hang your ribbons!
Back at Midnight...for a sneak peek of my next Quirky Challenge card...and back tomorrow with this weeks, 'Followers BLOG CANDY WINNER!!' (Oh, I do miss Mr Voice Over Man.) Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Hehe you made me smile Lyn, I love visiting your blog it always makes me smile, love your cards too
    Have a good weekend
    hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has just got to be the best Christmas card I've ever seen. Its awesome.xx

    Sorry to hear about your camera. :(

    Can't wait to see your sneaky peaky!

    Hope you are having a lovely weekend Lyn.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - even if it is 'only' coloured in with Whispers!!
    Why do Mum's do that? Mind you, my kids ( 12 and 10) probably think just the same!!!
    Have a great weekend :)
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, sounds like the sort of conversation I have with mu Mum, only she is worse than yours. I hope its not in the genes!!!!
    Brilliant card Lyn, those dogs are gorgeous and I love the star.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. O h I love that card Lyn, it's just gorgeous :D And here's a fab link for all the Mums out there, it's really useful
    Useful free online tool

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card... so cute and so sweet!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha!! I'm laughing...Crafty Susan!! I'm going to send the link to my mum! But she WILL believe it and think what a great site for freebies...
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the sort of conflab I have with my mum lol. Your so funny Lyn I just had to start my day on your blog as I always have a good laugh, now back to the exam.

    Beautiful card and its soooo cute.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute. Love the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I luv it Lyn...it's so darn cute! That image is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies