Thursday 4 November 2010

Happy Birthday. Let's Go Shopping...

Tom (son-in-law) asked me to make him a card for his mum's birthday last week and then forgot to take it. (men can't multi-task!)
It had to be simple, have flowers on it and be about shopping, which is his mum's favourite thing in all the world to do.
By now I hope Christine has received her birthday card, and anyway, (I whisper) I'm quite sure she doesn't pop in here.
I've used Pink Petticoat Papers. A freebie stamp and wording, which came with last month's issue of Creativity Magazine, usually found in your local (miles away for me) Do-Crafts crafty shop. I've added a little bag charm, a flower embellishment, pearls, a few fern leaves, (MS Punch) ribbon and some Stickles Glitter, then coloured the image with ProMarkers of course!

I had a bit of trouble stamping this image as all my acrylic blocks are a little too short for this stamp. I usually use a CD case, but that's not too good either. So I opened my packet of DoveCraft blocks, (Prize!) which are in the style of the famous rocker block. The longest one of these wasn't really long enough or wide enough either and I found that the edges got inked up too, which marked the card when you stamped, or the image didn't stamp very well, but after a couple of goes, the image wasn't too bad, but not perfect. (Time to get a longer acrylic block Lyn)
The font I used on the inside of the card is a freebie, it's called DayDream and you can down load it here!
I did find some challenges but have mislaid my little note book! So I'll add them later... **UpDate Found it!**
Coming up in the next post, will be my Hallowe'en ATC swaps. Thanks for stopping by.


Challenges
I Did It Creations -add a charm (handbag)
Incy Wincy Designs - anything goes
Inspiration Avenue - Happiness is... (shopping)
Craft Your Passion - anything goes
My Time to Craft - quick and cute
The Burtonesque Dolls - anything goes
Party Time (birthday card + sentiment) - Anything Goes Birthday


31 comments:

  1. FAB card Lyn
    Love that font
    Im a bit of a font 'nut' I love them hehe

    mandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyn, great card and 'another' font to add to my collection.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I love your pretty card I'm sure it will be very well received:0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card with gentle colors, very nice blog you have here. Glad to see you at I did it creations challenge blog this week - hope to see you soon again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shopping is a happy time, no doubt about it! your MIL will love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that looks great - I forgot I had that stamp as well - must get it out would be useful for lots of cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet adorable card! I am ready to go shopping!! Thank you for joining us at PTT! Hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card and I love shopping. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya Lyn - love this card - the soft colours are gorgeous. Great image for a shopaholic friend!If you have a plastic (acrylic type) box (or lid) which is rigid and smooth, it's ideal as a temporary acrylic block - the large ones can be quite expensive to buy. Hope all is well with you and yours.
    Loadsa Hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay great card Lynne-itch itch scratch(aarrgghhh DONT SCRATCH) You could have the pick of the crop if only you could get here to collect-send a pantechnicon-word for the day and I will oblige teehee hee. Hugs Betty-Loved the font!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card - I can think of a few friends it would suit!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous card...perfect for a lady who loves shopping....which,of course,is most of us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fab card Lyn, it would be perfect for Hannah (our eldest) she loves to shop

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a stunning card, Lyn! Sorry I've not been over in a while. Real life has been seriously disrupting my crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh this is one brill card hun its perfect for so many people,I know too great image,hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute. You did a really good job!
    ★ Jasmine Wilmany

    http://www.jasminewilmany.com

    ◕‿◕

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi ya hun
    gorgeous card, great image & colouring, luv the colour combo, lovely papers, fab handbag charm, have great weekend, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is fabulous, love the cute image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely bright card Lyn, she'll love it as it's everything she likes :-) Great font thanks for the link.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Spyder....I'd love to go shopping with this cutie. Love the sparkles and the bg paper is great.
    Thanks for joining us this week at I Did It Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Lyn wish Id know you need bigger blocks I would have sent you one before, Ive got loads will have a look for you presently.
    Love your card and Im sure your Sons MIL will as well, its fabulous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Men huh?...GReat card. I'm sure your sons mother-in-law will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love it - that is one of the stamps in my "to be used" pile! The image goes so well with that DP.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun cheery card! It's beautiful! Love the coloring and the wonderful colors. Even the DP is fab! Thanks so much for playing in our "anything goes" challenge at Craft Your Passion.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card Lyn - love the image and the papers - and the charm of course - thanks for joining us at IDIC this week
    Hugs,
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fab card, a gal after my own heart, lol. Thanks for joining in this weeks Incy Wincy Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the card! I couldn't share your picture for some reason, but I put up your link at Inspiration Avenue.
    Thanks for playing :)
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super fun card! Thanks for sharing wit us at Party Time Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Believe it or not, I'm here from Inspiration Ave, a challenge I participate in each Friday. You did a super job stamping with what you have. But, if the CD case isn't big enough, how big IS that stamp? It's sure a cute card, though. And I personally think you did a super job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi I am visiting & playing along from IA prompt this week! I love the card! Super job. Happy Sunday~ ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cute card! Thanks for playing along at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies