Tuesday 18 January 2011

Six or Three Book Marks

Haven't made a book mark since I did play school, years and years ago, when my girls were little. I've used Dustin Pike's Freebie images coloured with ProMarkers and then (dramatic pause!!) everything seemed to go wrong! I wanted to cut a line around the head, just enough so it could clip over the book page, and not slip out. Tip, always use a sharp craft knife! or all you'll do is tear your paper/card. Once finished I covered them in Sticky Backed plastic, (re-cut through the plastic on the one that I cut) which wrinkled on some of them, this stops the bit you've cut out from tearing off. Anyway, I ended sending just three off, (The ones on your right) for the swap over on CardMaking and Paper Craft forum, run by MotherDuck. Click the link to see Dorothy's and Caro's lovely book marks!

Here's the one where I cut under the snakes chin. The idea is, he's supposed to be peeping out and at the same time, this stops the bookmark falling out of the book, but as you can see, my craft knife just torn the plastic /paper and card, so I left the others as they were. (There's another piece of 160gsm paper on the back so you can't see the cut) They really didn't need the plastic backing, seeing I wasn't going to cut round their heads, but I put it on anyway...and it wrinkled!
I suppose they didn't turn out that bad.. but I won't be giving up my day job!
Now..... Who can guess, what's the book I've used in the picture??
New Followers! ((((wave!!)) Mucca Gufo pop over and see her fab Baby Gift, made to look like a pram! And Dawn B, but sadly no link.. Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. These are lovely Lyn, what a shame that the plastic wrinkled on some of them :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, and they look good in the photo, even if 6 became 3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look really good Lyn even if you didn't end up with as many as you had hoped. I guess the book is one of the Harry Potter ones but I don'r know which lol

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fab in the photo Lyn! are you sure they're as bad as you think! We are after all our worst critics!!! You can send me one!!! LOL!!! I'm guessing, well I'm pretty sure it's Harry Potter, Chamber of Secrets!
    Thanks for the cuppa BTW!
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. well they look great to me hun,and as for the book harry potter,chamber,of secrets oh thanks for the coffee loved it hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow these are just super duper, Lyn, what a brilliant idea to have the heads come over the page, wonderful job.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love making bookmarks and yours are so cute. The little heads just peeping over the top of pages made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making bookmarks is new for me, but these look really great Lyn. Since, I just found you tonight and checking out your cards and all, I can see I will be back often. Thanks for the tips and warnings, very helpful for a newbie like me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Ali, Dawn, Lorraine, Jackie, Julia,Cheryl Julia, Sandy and Dave! These were my first Book marks in ages, and first swap,hope the next ones are better. I think if the 'heads' were bigger, they'd 'peek' more!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way your bookmarks turned out. Maybe next time I will draw them with bigger heads...They look awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies