Sunday 17 April 2011

What's Cookin'...Good Lookin' ?

I used this cute little image on a card from Mo Manning called 'What's Cooking?' a few weeks ago but, it didn't go as well as I'd hoped. 1, I couldn't find the papers I wanted to use with it. (These ones) 2, the printer ink made a smudgy mark when I coloured in the image and 3, I coloured her arms and neck the same colour as her dress to cover the bleeding ProMarkers. Sorry, that should read, to cover the bleeding and then, made by the ProMarkers! (I wasn't swearing honest!)
My old printer clunks and groans, eats my paper and draws lines that aren't there but the ink never smudged!
I put this card onto FaceBook last week and someone wanted to know where the papers came from. They are freebies from Paper Craft Inspiration Magazine, and yes, I hunted them out and they are still available to download from way back in 2008!
There's four 'short' papers in the set, called *Domestic Goddess (I've used two of them) there's a choice of PDF or jPeg. (*SORRY LINK NOW CLOSED...but other downloads available)The font is also a freebie, I'm sure I haven't linked it before. It's called Cutie Pop and you can download it HERE
The cake (inside) is also a freebie, it comes coloured or black and white from Dustin Pike.
So, I've coloured with Promarkers, Inked the background with Tim Holtz-tumbled glass. I used my Black ProMarker around the edge of the card, as it's pearl and doesn't bleed through to the other side. The black around the image too, is also ProMarker coloured paper, not black card. The arrow and wording inside it was done on the computer in Word. The cooking embellishments are from my stash.
(some I brought back with me from USA)
I coloured two images, cut the best one out, minus her spoon and pan, and the wispy bits of hair and fixed her over the top of the first image using silicon glue, so that she popped out from the page. (I've just made a tiny mistake on one of her pig-tails, but we won't mention that!) Otherwise I'm quite pleased with this one! Oh one more thing, who can guess what that sticky strip is behind the image??? No? It's for carpets or rugs! You stick it under them to stop them from slipping, only it didn't work and got thrown away...well, almost, I nabbed it!! I think it looks a little like kitchen tiles. I was hoping to find a 'recycle' challenge but so far, haven't!
New Follower (out the back and in the dark, with no link) Hi and a big {{wave}} to hoptownrace1. Thank you for stopping by!!
(Click on the photos to make them bigger)
ChallengesAlso Backlinked to Mo's Challenge Dec 2011
By the cute and girly-cute and girly April Challenge
Mo's digital pencil - Start of something new. (first time your little offspring starts to cook!!) I remember that!
Freshbreweddesigns-cute and sweet
Mygraficocrafts- anything goes
Doitwithdigischallenge. recipe-1 digi, 2 patterned papers, 3 embellishments.
Joyfulstamper-anything goes
Papertakeweekly-truly dimensional

22 comments:

  1. Wow Lyn that is stunning, I love your embellishments, the whole card design is faublous. with hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my..you know I love this image and that dp is a perfect match...love all the embellies too! Just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card as always Lyn! Thank you sooo much for all the freebie links! I'll make the most of them!
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation with us at My Grafico Anything Goes Challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous card Lyn,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Lyn - love how you decoupaged her. thanks for the link to the papers, they are fab.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was very wary when I entered your blog as I hate spiders but lo and behold I find beautiful cards too!! I love this one using the ever so cute Mo's work! Love the cookery theme going on. TY for joining us at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days 'Recipe' challenge, Sheila:)X

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I love the paper you've used and all those adorable little accents. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute...love the backing paper and all those embellishments....x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super super cute. I have this image as well, helping where i can. Thanks for the links to the freebie paper...adorable and goes perfect with this image. Well done...love it.
    www.canadiancraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh just love this image hun,and the papers,work beautifully,love it hugs cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is gorgeous and love the cute image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww this is so cute Spyder .. love the papers you used and gorgeous colours... I've printed my stamp and still haven't used it :) Thank you for sharing. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww im loving those papers lol, and the detail is fab, thanks for joining us at cardmasdfairy digi days xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I love all the details on it, the spoons etc. perfect paper too! I love it! We really appreciate you playing at Mo’s challenge! Thanks so much.
    PS) I have blog candy if you’d like to have a peak…

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the image. Where did you find this cute little embellishments for cooking? Thanks for playing in "Anything Goes" with "My Grafico".

    Thanks,
    Pankti
    http://paintdlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh this is really cute Lyn! love your design, beautiful card hun!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable card!! I love this image and that arrow looks awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week!
    hugs! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card and thanks so much for posting the link to the papers - so appropriate for Mo's image!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well this sure is one adorable card! I do love that image! Thanks for joining us at FBD.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! This is just BRILLIANT Lyn! I totally love what you've done here....thanks for the links, I was hoping you let us know about those DPs.....they are perfect for this image (which I have but haven't had a chance to use yet!) Hope all is good with you....hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness this is adorable! love the embellies

    Thanks for playing along this week at Freshly Brewed Challenges Cute and Sweet challenge

    Hugs! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is to cute!! Love the little girl.
    www.carriesscrapyard.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies