Friday 13 May 2011

Life's A Beach!

Happy Friday The 13th! A Good day...until my tooth cracked again (oh poo!) Obviously the super glue trick didn't work! (** Hamish called it 'magic glue!' It was only temporary, but I think even he thought it would last longer than a week! but!! it was Friday the 13th! and I wasn't eating thick lumps of chocolate, honest!!)
Back to the card!! I made this card for Bugaboo's first Wacky Wednesday Challenge over on Bugaboo Stamps- Crafter's Digital Art Center. It's a Colour Challenge this time, red, yellow and turquoise. So I thought I'd have ago.
Here's my card with that cute little monkey having a swim, although I always thought monkey's didn't like water. The stripy boarder was just scribbled round the edge of the card and coloured with Promarkers. I added a bit of reddish/pink spotty paper and although I was looking for some buckets and spades, I did find a seagull, so fixed that on with a dob of silicone glue. (Cut it's button legs off first) Then did a bit of 3D-ing on the monkey, printed him out four times, so there's a whole image of him cut out using a scalloped Nestie and then one minus ears and tail ( It's a digi! It didn't hurt him!) one with just his head and then just his nose.
I've added a bit of my own background, coloured that with Promakers too.
The font is a freebie. I rather like this one! It's called Pea Johanna Script, link to this site is always on my side bar but I know how lazy you are so you can download it from Kevin and Amanda's blog
Anything else? The pale blue boat paper you can just see inside is a freebie, (I'll probably change it as it doesn't really go with those bright colours on the front)...you can download it from Mad About Cards... and that I think, is it!
Phew, second time I've typed this out, so glad blogger is up and running again!
Once more, as the post below this one, there were a few challenges I had added, but I'll have to check them out again, so will add them later. Happy Friday everyone, have a great week end! Thanks for stopping by. A Card For Dylan is HERE
Challenges
Catchthebugblog-anything goes
Bugaboo Stamps- CDAC- colour challenge
Tuesdaythrowdown- die cuts
Kaboodles Doodles- Layers
Sew Many Cards - Anything Goes
Mami Doodles - Spots and/or Stripes
Stamp Something - Anything Goes
Craftycreationschallenges-anything goes
Passion For Promarkers-theme (Teenager)
okay, maybe a very young teenager!
Make it colourful - dotty backgrounds

10 comments:

  1. Really bright and cheerful
    Love it!
    Please tell me that you didn't really superglue your tooth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, no Diane, I did go to the dentist last week after biting into a brick of chocolate that had been in the fridge and 'Hamish' used his 'magic glue' to fix it. I said to him, 'is it like super glue?' and he said,'well. sort of! It's only temporary and will only last as long as it does' I think he thought it would last longer than a week though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lyn, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. A perfect card for a young teenager! Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about the tooth....sounds like you need a tooth fairy!!!
    A lovely, fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lyn that is a gorgeous card for a young lad, though Im not sure I would want to be in that poor monkeys place. Love the papers and the bright colour choice.
    Hope you soon get your tooth sorted. with hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous card lyn.i love the fab image and great fun colours and design.
    thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ya hun
    aww gorgeous card, cute image, fab papers & design, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really a great card for a youth. Your colouring is fab! Thanks for joining our challenge at pfp:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, and a cute image.
    Thanks for joining us at PfP :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable! Love the bright colors. Thanks for playing in a Mami Doodles challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies