Thursday 26 July 2012

Happy Birthday Les..

It's was John's step dad, Les's birthday yesterday, and I found the perfect image from the Forever Friends collection, 'Just For Him' papers. Well, a bit of a cheat really as it is just a picture on the paper. But it was the hat that did it. Les has one just like it, and
he loves to sit out in the gardens, in his chair with a nice cuppa, so, as I said, it was the perfect picture to use for his Birthday card.
Three of the papers came from this collect, except for the pink check inside, that one came from a 6x6 pack 'For You' Both these packs I've had for ages. I really should use them up, seeing once more...I'm out of printer ink! Where does it go!!!??
How I made it. Easy! First I edged a pearl blank card with a dark brown Promarker. Cut the 6x6 papers down to fit, edged them with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo and fixed them on allowing a little of the brown Promarker edging to show. I covered the inside and the back in the same way, keeping back the strips I'd sliced off to add to the front and the inside of the card. Added little bit of micro glitter round the bear's hat, a few Card Candi, a little dragonfly gem, a sentiment and that's it!
The font is a freebie, of course, I liked the little hearts, it's called Cupid de Locke and you can download it HERE.
Too hot to stay crafting indoors but at the same time, too hot out side as well!! Hope you've all had a fabulous day.


4 comments:

  1. my goodness! you have done a brilliant job with this card!

    very sweet and all the adorable details! awesome!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that hat is, indeed, fabulous! SO CUTE! Very cute card! Thanks for linking up to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute...love the inside too! Thank you for playing along with us at Ruby's Rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bear is way too cute for words... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies