Monday 29 October 2012

A Spooky Pumpkin

 Found this little pumpkin freebie over on Forgotten Scraps, but hurry it may not be there for long! First I sliced a bit off the front of the card, so you can see the colours on the inside, only no matter what, it's quite hard to get the card to pose so you can see that! I've used up a lot of scrap paper making this  Halloween card. First I 3D-ed the pumpkin. Running out of silicone/gel glue, so I rummaged through my 'glue and sticky things' box and used that 'Stick It!' silicone glue I swore I'd never  use again as it bleeds through the card and leaves a greasy stain.. Hence the leaves and the pumpkin's nose looks splotchy. 
Found my bat punch, only it wasn't a bat punch as such, it was a corner bat punch by Martha Stewart and was right in front of my nose all the time, (well, a little higher than the top of my head) hanging from my Ikea rod along the wall.
Freebie  Papers. The orange Spotty and the brown spiderwebs are from. Summer Times Designs by Summer Driggs Boo-tiful-night-kit. My ink is on its way out (again!) so the colours may not be quite the right shade. I put these two papers together in Word, added the pumpkin, plus another, so I could 3D it, then after printing it, coloured the pumpkin with Promarkers. I added the gold micro glitter on the pumpkin, hoping to hide the stain from the glue, but I think I've made it worse. 
The Ghost/pumpkin/bats paper is from  is from the Bearly Mind's Store
I've edged everything with Tim Holtz, mowed lawn Distress Ink. The rest of the papers are PinkPetticoat.
The Font is a freebie.It's called JI Skookumchuck download it HERE or just Google the name.
I think that's it!  Thank you for stopping by! oops...nearly forgot... our lodger cat's real name is Brono...nope, still going to call him Jinxsy! Hoping to add this to some...
 Challenges.
Littlemissmuffetchallenges-halloween colours
 Fashionistachallenge-anything goes.
Onestopcraftchallenge-halloween.
Thesisterhoodofcrafters-halloween
Mytimetocraft-halloween  *TOP THREE*
Totallypapercrafts-spooky halloween *WINNER*

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! this is fantastic!!! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I love this card the layout is fabulous and I love the pumpkin. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! Love all the various layers & elements! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘HALLOWEEN’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Lyn. Love the gold touches on the pumpkin - I usually colour those bits black but it looks so effective in gold. Thank you for the links to the freebie papers and font. There are some absolutely wonderful papers in those kits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great card, love those little bats you added! Thanks for sharing at LIttle Miss Muffet Challenges. Good luck and hope to see more of your wonderful work. Hugs Frea, Dt member LMM Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lyn,
    Hope you are having a great day! So glad that you found your bat punch! I hate it when I can't find something, and like your punch, it is usually right in front of me, and I don't see it! Great card! Thanks so much for sharing the links to the font, papers and pumpkin digi! Enjoyed looking at your card; so glad you shared it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card Lynn! It's good to know I'm not the only person in the world that has trouble with their glue. You've done a great job hiding your bleeds, better than I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Lyn, lots of fun. I do see what you mean about that silicone glue though. How annoying that is! But I'm amazed at all the layers you always apply, they add so much interest and visual PoW! I love looking at your cards :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is lovely. It is really so awesome. Thanks for the font too. That's how I like to write the kid's names on Christmas ornaments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Halloween card, love all the spooky elements and colours. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the spooky pumpkin and this fabulous card. Thanks for playing along at OSCC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic Halloween card,love the pumpkin and fab papers.
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in love with all those layers! You even made the inside nice! I seem to lack in that department :(

    So glad that you played along with our challenge at the Sisterhood. HOpe you play along in future challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies