Friday 6 September 2013

More Cogs and Gears...for 60 years!

I was asked to make a card for a guy who was 60 years old and here it is. Yes I know, I've been playing with my die-cuts  and embossing folders again.  Men's cards are hard and even harder if you don't know them. I really think you can't go wrong with a few cogs and metal looking rings! I do like these and I think they make something a little different for a man's card.
I've done that, 'cut a bit off the main card and then add a smaller card to the front' thing again. (So that's approx 8x8 by 5x5 cards.)
There's no actually topper on the card at all, just cog and wheels.
I've used some greeny/ browny pearl paper, cut out all the cogs and covered then with a mixture of Tim Holtz Distress Inks Vintage Photo and Aged Mahogany, and may have even added any other colour I had too (red, green, blue)  with an added dab of gold and bronze inks from one of those multi coloured ink pads, 'Splendor'  Then I just 'polished' them up so they looked like metal.
I was given a picture of a toy tractor, a posh sports car, a picture of a group of people the guy knew from where he used to work and the name of where he used to work.
I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them and then the idea came to put them inside the cogs with acetate, like little tiny picture windows.
I added brown ribbon and tied it as a 'tie' to close the card, through a little D clip fixed on with a brad of the same colour.
There's also acetate added to the wheel on the front of the card, to strengthen it so the card is supported when open.
The Font I've linked before, it's a freebie called CountyHouse, download it HERE. 
That's it I think! Thank you for stopping by! I'll be back later to add a few...
  Challenges!
Lacy Sunshine Dies and/or Punches
Oozak.-anything goes with die cut/punches
Papertake Weekly Anything Goes 
Totally Gorjuss Anything Goes
Lady Anne Anything Goes  

9 comments:

  1. ohhhhh wow wow wow this is totally stunning. Love the fold you have used and the colors with the inks are just out of this world!!! Just adore how you have managed to incorporate the pictures!!! FABULOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh !!! Awesomely gorgeous !!! This is amazing (the same card design like for your Sister right ?) He will be blown away with this marvelous creation :-)

    Huggies
    IKE xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, the textures and design are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Lacy Sunshine.
    Anjie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shaped card and love the cogs. Thanks for playing at PTW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, such a fabulous design and I love the detailing
    Thank you for taking part in the Papertake Weekly Challenge this week
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! I love the gears! Thank you for joining us for the Oozak Challenge!

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love the steampunk style. Thanks for joining us for the Lady Anne's Stamp challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies