Saturday 24 May 2014

An 80th Birthday Card...

Looking back I seem to have made a few of these. (Cards for 80 year olds) This one I made for a lady I met through dog walking and Facebook. (I sent her this card when her little doggie had puppies!)  It was her Mum's 80th birthday and she asked, 'Please make me a card' about two days before... I stayed up most of the last night making it, trying to get myself into the right 'mood'.. Went to bed...my throat raw still coughing and splattering, then suddenly woke up and decided it wasn't right at all! So scrapped that (this one) and made another one in about an hour....(which she loved so much more!) such is life! (I'll show you that card in the next post. First this one.
The white flowers, are by Papermania and have had a ProMarker make-over so they match the backing papers. The papers are called Fairy Belle Collection, by Jodie-Lee, 24 sheets, 6 double-side designs/ 4 sheets per design, which came with a stamping set too from Simply Cards And PaperCrafts last year. I hate sticking down double-sided papers, don't you!?! Both sides are equally lovely.
 As there were bird cages and birds on the papers I used my Tim Holtz's bird cage Die-cut plus some of his flourishes too. I've also used a Martha Stewart lace border punch and a Woodware tiny leaf punch. The ribbon and pearls are from my stash. 
I've added stickles glitter to go with the shinny pinky/lilac mirror card and gems, plus a bluey card and a lilac card for layering. Everything's been edged with Vintage Brown Tim Holtz ink.
The sentiment I did on the computer. It's not been stuck down so I can remove it if I want to use the card for something else.
The font I used is a freebie on most sites, I've linked it before, I can't link them anymore, it's called, Abbeyline so just Google the name. Inside I've used more of the papers but left it blank. (I've since peeled off the sentiment inside, as I used Photo Glue it came off easy!)
I think that's it!  Coming up later will be the other card I made...completely different, but about the same size. (8x8) Thank you for stopping by!! I'd love to enter this card into a few ...
Challenges

4 comments:

  1. I really like how you colored the flowers! A really beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous card, Lyn, I love this one, I am a sucker for birdcages and birds, brilliant hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous too! The cat one is my favourite if I had to choose, but this is so beautiful, it would be hard to choose between them! Love your birdcage and bird and all those little flowers! What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful Lyn! Love colors and details. hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies