Sunday 10 June 2012

Happy Birthday Lady Pam!

We call her Lady Kendal, our 'Little Pam' because she is little and her name's Pam. She has a lovely laptop, but doesn't use it very much, so I can sneak this birthday card to her from me and him indoors, on here a bit early, because, although she does know about Spyder's Corner, she can't always remember how to get here!
She'll be 81 this Wednesday, she's sort of a second cousin (and mum) to John and has known him all his life. She used to baby sit a lot!
I've used those lovely patchwork papers from Bearly Mine Designs again, different from before (coz I bought the set) If you missed my link on Thursday, go HERE to find their lovely patchwork freebie.
I've mostly done the same as I did with my mum's card, with the eye dropper thingy to get me some plain matching paper, so I won't go on about it again, but have added gems, butterfly ribbon, a butterfly bow, which was fitted to some other ribbon, but I pulled it off and added it here, a dragonfly charm, some tiny glass beads that I threadled (that is a word!) together. They're a bit wonky but I quite like them like that! I made the punched out flower, fern leaves, loads of Stickles glitter glue, some eye-lash wool, and the LOTV image, which was a freebie from a Craft Mag a few months back. I chose this one because Pam is sooo little, she is a fairy! (Fairy God Mother)
I coloured the image with some water colour pencils, not very good ones, they've made her face a bit orange and the paper the little fairy was printed on, is a bit thin, so the more I tried to dilute the colour the more the paper roughed up.
The Freebie Fonts I used are, on the front and inside bottom Jellyka CuttyCupcakes, download it free HERE and the font on the top inside, is called Cheri Liney Download it HERE
I think I've covered up the lovely papers too much, but at least you get to see them on the inside!
A bit weird, I still haven't worked out sizes for the insert (no, I never use the measure thingy that pops up) and it was a bit hit and miss. I thought if I scanned in the covered card, save and print, it would come out the same size, but no!
My first go was miles too small and will make a little card for Pam's pressy and the second attempt was also a bit short, so I've added some Pink Petticoat Stars first, and then the patchwork over the top. But on a good note, I managed to print out the front and cut it to size without cutting off any of that mock stitching or having to add any, as I did on Thursdays card.
Hope I'm not too late for the Bearly Mine Challenge, I think it's 'add A Charm' which I've done!
New Followers. Hi and a big (((Wave)) to Wendy Jackson and Janet J both out the back and in the dark..which means..no picture and no link! But I might find you later! Thanks for stopping by!
Challenges
Bearlymine-use a charm *WINNER!
Dillybeanschallenge-purple. *TOP THREE!
Craftyannschallengeblog-It's A Girl Thing
Emergencycrafters-butterflies birds or anything with wings
Crazychallenge-childhood memories
Frosted designs-stitching
Crafty Boots - Anything Goes
Crafty Ribbon Challenge - Butterflies and bows (My butterfly is the bow)


31 comments:

  1. Ow, this is soooo sweet. I love this image and it looks great in the sugar almond colours you have chosen and your embellishments.

    Thank you for sharing your work with us all at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOOW that is a totally stunning card. Just adore all the details you have added. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...awe this is just the adorable card & she will be thrilled to receive it...how wonderful...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have been busy, love Little Pams card and your mums too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I'm sure Pam will just love it. Happy Birthday Pam :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow hun this is an amzing work of art, love all the stitching and fabulous dimension.
    Happy Sunday to you.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Gorgeous image ♥ love your choice of colours.

    Sorry, it's been ages & ages since I last visited, life n all that.. take care, Gez

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Card is beautiful Lyn and Pam will love it.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Lyn thats one stunning and beautiful card, your friend little Pam is going to flip when she sees it. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a stunning card it is soo pretty and i just love all of it

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both this and your last one are so obviously made with love. They are absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card - just love everything about it & I am sure Pam will too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card - I just love everything about it & I am sure Pam will too x

    ReplyDelete
  14. this card is pretty and a cutie! I love the butterfly and stitching on it!
    have a great sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning!
    Gorgeous colours - a really beautiful card. Your friend will love this :)
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. How sweet is this card and such a gorgeous colour. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty card there. Lilacs/purples always win in my opinion! Pam is the same age as my Ma and Pa!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowzer Lyn this is absolutely beautiful the colours, e, embellishments and image look a total delight.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful, beautiful card! I just love those soft lavender colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Lyn just popped back to thank you for joining our challenge at Bearly Mine this week.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card. I went to get the font. Thank you for the link. I also love your Kitty spider icon... Enjoy the rest of your day-night.

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a pretty card you have made here. Thank you for taking part in the challenge and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really beautiful Lyn, and so much work! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a pretty card!! Love the papers!! You put a lot of heart into your card and your friend will just love it!!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card hun and thanks for the links for the fonts xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is really beautiful. I love everything about it. Thanks so much for shareing with uus at Dilly Beans this week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is beautiful! Thanks so much for the font links!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is a lovely card Lyn I'm sure the recipient will love it

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely beautiful, thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful little card, I think she will adore it! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies