Monday 16 July 2012

It's Still Christmas In July!!

Well, it's certainly beginning to feel like it could be Christmas in July! The weather here in the UK is dark, dull, dismal, cloudy, cold and rain rain rain!! At least it's not snow snow snow!!
Here's my second DT card for my challenge 'Christmas In July,' which started yesterday over on Quirky Craft's Challenge Blog. Another image by Stitchy Bear Stamps our sponsor this fortnight. I've used 'Bah Humbug!' A Christmas card I could quite easily give to hubby John, because that's what he always says about Christmas! (Even when he's munching away on his mince pie and swigging down some festive spirit, wearing his new socks and a Santa hat, with musical lights!)
Coloured with ProMarkers. All the black you see, is just white pearl card coloured with a black Promarker. A good tip if you've run out of the coloured card you need~ use a Promarker instead, only on the bits you can see of course! (Pearl card works best)
The Poinsettias flowers I've had for ages, free from a crafty mag's exclusive design 'instant dimensional effect stickers' by Anita's. (Here's a LINK Leads to similar...Mine had Christmas trees too) Although they weren't very sticky so I've fixed them on using 3D foam pads.
The gell 'Ho Ho Ho' speech bubbles came off one sheet of about 15 Christmasy bits and pieces I've also had for 'years.'
I've also used a memory-box die-cut but cut it up to make use of the swirly bits around the flowers. Added a few red gems fixed on with a Quickie glue pen. All the Christmas papers I've used are by Pink Petticoat.
The Font is a freebie. It's called KG Strawberry Limeade and you can download it here or just Google the name. I think it's a fun font for jokey cards.
I've also used a Martha Stewart lace punch. Added some silvery grey eyelash wool and a snowflake ribbon. Santa has some micro fine glitter on his fluffy bits. And That's it!! I'm hoping to add this card into a number of Christmas In July....
Challenges!
go fish challenge
and also....
One Stitch At A Time- Anything Goes
Make It Monday
Love to create- 3 of something(3 Poinsettias, 3 ho ho ho's, 3 gems)

21 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Finally got on your blog Lyn, been having awful trouble with lots of blogs lately...fabulous Santa, the old grumpy pants..lol..love the ho, ho, ho, too, fabulous colouring,beautiful flowers,and great tip...

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is wonderful, all the details on in- and outside, also the love for the details - really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Lyn :))

    I owe you an email, life's a bit manic right now though. Even worse than a trip to Ikea with Len :(

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Lyn love the image he's adorable and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Christmas fun card .
    Love the papers , the image and the flowers .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card Lyn!Gorgeous layout and details. Love this Santa. hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  7. a great christmas card for a grumpy old git!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yep...that'll be hubby then!!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Love to Create. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! Saw you on MIM. Just wanted to let you know I have blog candy if you're interested. :)
    My Blog Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card. Lots of ideas on there too :0)
    Looking forward to seeing Beach Bear :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Christmas card!!! Thanks for joining us at Love to Create Challenge!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant card and I just love the decor on the inside too!! Thank you for sharing it with us this week at our use a digi challenge at OSAAT. Good luck

    Hugs

    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome card Spyder - so loving the Father Christmas image - right up my street!

    Thank your for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week and the very best of luck. I hope you will be able to come and join in with our challenge next week.

    Toodle pip

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to come visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS! My entries are: #89, #90, #91, #151, #154, #155, #173, #254 and #255.
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your creation is gorgeous and thank you for visiting mine. You put me to shame have not started my christmas cards yet lol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! Such a fab santa image and I love his sparkly fluffy bits! I love all the elements you've used on this card, they work really well together.

    Thanks for joining in with the challenge at OSAAT this week. :)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! Your image is fabulous with great colouring :)

    Many thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT & hope to see you back again soon.

    Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

    PS I found those stickers weren't very sticky either!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic Card!! Thank you so much for playing with us at Love to Create Challenge!! Come back and Play with us again really soon!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for playing along with my Amusing Challenges this week. Love your entry! It feels great to use things up, doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies